goals for 2012

my BIG & ONLY goal is to become a better me



i have decided that i will accomplish this goal by breacking it down to smaller goals for differnt aspects of my life some are personal some is one that is not here are some that are not so personal



#1 live simply. live with stuff that i need and use get rid of stuff i dont need.



well there are more however i will blog about this one for now

Sunday, July 4, 2010

sisterhood

in relief society today we talked about sisterhood & the different kind of "sisters" we can have from church best friends different women in our lives can be sisters. it made me think of the two sisters i have the two i grew up with & how they are so special & dear to my heart i am glad that they are my sisters & better my friends

(i hope no one is upset that i posted the first two pictures they are the only pictures i found on the computer with all three of us in it) so i have an older sister who is about 5 years older angie (brother inbetween us) and a younger sister who is about 4 years younger lindsay



this is lindsay my younger sister i remember growing up we were like another sisters we got along sometimes sometimes we didnt and other times we were out right mean to each other thank heavens as we grew up our relationship changed for the better

she ran a marathon last october here is her medal
lindsay is amazing 4 years ago she was going threw a hard time personal with her husband and family i was coming back to vegas from angies house when my suv decided to quit working so im stuck between st george utah & mesquite with no servas on my phone i got into a car with a stranger & yes i know better my thinking was (because i was driving his car) that if anything happend i could speed or get into a wreck to get out of his harm any way lindsay found out got on the phone with me & stubbornly told me that her husband was coming to get me & not worry about what was going on with her by the way still feel bad about her haveing to help me at that time but that is what she did & i would do the same for her i always have said that the reason why we bonded so well was because in 1993 angie was gone to collage married with children & our brother was on a misson for the church of jesus christ of latter day saints so it was just the 2 of us at home so we had to bond

this is angie my older sister she is also amazing when she was 14 or 15 (i was 9 or 10) she had toxic shock syndrome not very many people who get tss live most die within 7 days of getting tss i dont remember to much about it (i didnt know how serious tss was till later in life) i new it was bad because she was in the hospital for what seemed like months when it was only like a week she had a priesthood blessing & lived & has 6 kids that she gave birth to thinking back 25 years later it scares the crap out of me to think that i almost lost her i know we still will be sisters after we die but to think of not having her to grow up with or as a friend now just sadnss me im so glad she lived


i was 12 when she left for collage she went to brigham young university in provo utah & has lived in utah ever since so we didnt bond as kids because of the age difference i always loved hanging out with angie & her friends but what younger sibling doesnt like being around older siblings? i know she didnt always liked me tagging along but owell i remember one tome before we moved to vegas we had a terrible wind storm & all of us kids were playing hide & seek with the power out it was so much fun i loved that angie & her friend played with us

we have had to work on our bond over the last 16 years over the phone & with visits & it has been worth how hard its been

both of my sisters have been my biggest supporters for me choosing to postpone the wedding neither one of them have opinionated or vocal on how i should have chosen to just get married anyway they have made the descion easier to bear i have cryed over it but it is the right choice for me & it will make me happy in the end even tho its hard now

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tiff. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff! I love you too! And you are right - it is worth it even if it's hard now. Hang in there! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good relationships with sisters makes life bearable. I am so thankful for my sisters too!

    What a beautiful, heart-felt post, tiff. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany, What a sweet, wonderful and heart warming post this is about your sisters!!! I always wanted a sister so I just adopt all the females I Love as my sisters. That is the best I can do!!! Love Ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete